Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: At last.....!!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

At last.....!!!

At last the weather and the opportunity coincided. Today was glorious weather, sunny and windless, and I managed to grab a couple of hours this afternoon (after walking the dogs for miles along the beaches) to finish off tidying the front garden. Now that is out of the way I can get my mind fully involved in Allotment planning.

Tomorrow morning I must sow some tomato seeds....before 11 am according to my moon calendar. Some of the ones I sowed the other week haven't germinated, so I'll try again. Also the Gardener's delight for growing outdoors need to be started off. Then on Tuesday I shall put in the rest of the spuds at the plot as that is the perfect moon day for planting them.

Wednesday will be a full day at the plot....weather permitting.

Thursday I will be otherwise engaged, but Friday will be available....now all I want is for the weather to play ball.

The row of Kestrel second early spuds that I planted in the polytunnel are up already. I am hoping for an extra early harvest of them.

4 Comments:

At 4/4/08 6:49 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

getting stuff cleared from the garden here slowly as weather permits. I am being very slow with my planting but am trying to be relaxed about it as the weather is still not great.

 
At 4/4/08 11:24 pm, Blogger pacalaga said...

what does the moon have to do with planting? I am a city girl and know nothing of such things, beyond what I buy already sprouted at the local home improvement shop.

 
At 5/4/08 5:15 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

It is a theory that some folks swear by so I'm trying it out. Apparently the moon's waxing and waning affects plants in a similar ways to how it causes the tides to go up and down. To read more have a look here
http://www.the-gardeners-calendar.co.uk/Moon_Planting.asp
You will need to scroll down the page about halfway and there is an explanation of why it is beneficial.

 
At 6/4/08 8:24 am, Blogger Matron said...

I grew gardeners delight for the past couple of years. they did really well in a pot on the patio right next to the kitchen door. Do a word search on my blog for string of pearls and you will see a photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home