Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Mini-greenhouse/cold frame

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mini-greenhouse/cold frame

Look at this lovely thing I got for £14.99 at Lidl's yesterday. They call it a "hobby greenhouse", I call it my new Cold Frame! It is quite sturdy, and very easy to assemble and disassemble.

It is too wide for my veg beds but I haven't a large enough place to stand it elsewhere at the moment. I don't need that bed for another few weeks as it is the designated bean bed for this year.

This morning I have potted on the tomatoes I sowed recently. They had become very leggy in their rootrainers, so I have put them into the deeper rootrainers and topped them up with more compost. They seem happier now. I have got far too many for my plots, but I always supply my sister with her tom plants and I have just about enough for us both.

I also potted on some red geraniums got from B&Q yesterday. They look so good in a row of 12 on the sunroom windowsill when they are flowering, and 2x£3.98 isn't a lot for a full year of pleasure. When they finish I put them outside the following year and get more pleasure out of them.

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 22/4/08 8:59 pm, Blogger Frankie said...

I will be in Lidl first thing - it looks great!

 
At 24/4/08 7:26 pm, Blogger Matron said...

That looks fantastic! I will rush down to Lidl too... if there are any left!

 
At 25/4/08 5:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict a queue outside the shop before it opens.
PS - I've left an award for you on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home