Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

As it was predicted to rain this afternoon I decided to devote my time to the tunnel......! Well it didn't rain a drop so I tidied up the raised beds in the kitchen garden instead.
I weeded and prepared some of the beds for the next things to go in them. I planted out some marigolds into the bed where the outdoor tomatoes are going.

I pulled out the p s broccoli that has finished (two are left still producing), tidied out the empty half of the bed and made it ready for the sweetcorn which is going in there soon. I saw that some people at the Ryde Allotments have their's out in the plots already, so I must get mine hardened off and out too.

The wind of the last few days had played havoc with my bean frames. They obviously need to be more substantial so I remedied that.

Forgot about photos until too late (blame "Joseph" and his "dream!" Go Lee, go!)

2 Comments:

At 13/5/07 6:02 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Aha...I know what you've been watching on the TV.

 
At 13/5/07 7:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day! We didn't get too much rain either but have had lots during the week, which has been lovely for our thirsty ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home