Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

DH was true to his word and we went to buy a petrol strimmer this morning. Then we went to the plot to try it out. I got on famously until I stopped for a rest...then it wouldn't start again......! Took it back to the shop and the chap said he should have changed the spark plug in it....apparently they come with Chinese spark plugs in them which only last 5 minutes...usually he changes them for Champion before selling them and forgot.

Wet back to the plot. After ten minutes or less of strimming the guard started spinning around the stick....! The three screws holding it on had shaken loose and got lost!!!!! DH wasn't pleased. I have to go back again with it on Tuesday....!

I also spent an hour hoeing and finger weeding all the beds that are planted up. Didn't quite finish, but will on Monday!

2 Comments:

At 5/5/07 10:19 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Oh dear!! The best made plans.....

 
At 6/5/07 6:31 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Yep! That's about identical to my experience with any petroly enginy stuff. Best leave it to the boys eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home