Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Photo a day....5th May.

One of the delights of living here is the sub-tropical climate. We have wonderful palms along our road, and I look forward to their blooming. Walking along the road when they are all out is like running the gauntlet of American cheerleaders with their huge pompoms.

This picture shows the palm flower just before it bursts into bloom. (I have shown these in my PAD before, from previous years.....but those photos were taken in June!)

You can smell these a hundred feet before you get to them.








These pictures were taken this afternoon. This is the first of these palms locally to bloom....so we have a few weeks yet to enjoy these delights for the eye and the nose!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home