Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sorry about this dull photo. The sun doesn't get to my plot until after lunch!
I knew it would be warm today so I went to dig whilst it was shady. I dug about two square metres ..... four tub trugs of weeds and weed roots! It was rock solid so I watered copiously first, but it was still very hard going.

In the foreground you can see the next bit I will be digging. I dug out the big perennials from here this morning. A big daisy bush, and a huge old fennel plant. The roots of the fennel are still in the soil so there'll be a big effort needed there in a day or two.

In the background you can see my watered deep beds.The spuds I earthed up the other day are all through again....a miracle! I give the deep beds a soaking about three times a week. I worry that the tree roots will be taking all the water from the soil, and with no rain for 4 weeks at least, and none in sight, I don't want to lose my seedlings.

If you click on the photo to enlarge it you'll see my friendly blackird waiting for his "grub"!

After I got home I did a strim around the back garden raised beds and the rest of the Kitchen Garden. It looks better.
And I re-installed the pot collection, now planted up for summer, back by the front door.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2/5/07 12:59 am, Blogger Sheila said...

The bird is looking right at you...LOL
It's looking good, all your hard work is paying off.

 
At 2/5/07 5:50 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Our garden must be of a similar aspect to your plot. In fact some of it only gets about an hour of sunlight a day resulting in quite leggy plants that lean towards the sun. Luckily the top half is sunny from about 9am to 4pm so I do get a chance to become a sun goddess..LOL That blackbird looks like he's found a tasty dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home