Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Leeks!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Leeks!

I did a search on the web for some leek seeds that could be sown in May and came across Atlanta and Tadorna from Suffolk Herbs. I sowed these today individually in rootrainers. I'll leave them in there until they are quite big as I have taken their space for something else and will have to wait for a clear spot when my early spuds are harvested.

At the show I bought some seeds of a "Horned Melon" called Kiwano, from the Robinsons seeds stand. They don't appear on their website, but googling found this information....http://www.wikihow.com/Eat-a-Kiwano-(Horned-Melon)
and this
http://obsess.com/fruit/kiwano.html
so I have high hopes for this. I have sowed 4 seeds today. The man selling the seeds said I just about have time to sow them for this year. We'll see. I have 4 seeds left to try next year if they fail.

I didn't get to the plot today as it just floated by in a haze of catching up with various jobs here. Tomorrow I must check on it all though.

1 Comments:

At 23/5/08 8:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the "How to eat a Horned Melon" link - especially the bit about storing some sacs in your cheeks!
Do let us know if you get to eat one :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home