A busy session at the plot today. DH rotovated the squash bed which runs right along the top of the plot. The chunks of dried manure didn't break up as they are so dry. I'm considering raking them up and putting them in water to make a plant feed.
Whilst he did that I weeded and tilled this bed. It now has courgette seeds in. From left to right...
and Lungo Bianco.
I will sow French beans along the edges and between the plants as a catch crop. They like to grow together anyway.
I also did this bed near the shed. It is where the broccoli was until today. I dug it, tilled it, and erected the wigwams. I have done them in this square shape to make it easier to hoe between the rows. I don't know why I didn't think of that for the tepees in the back garden.
The sticks nearest the camera are where I sowed Borlotti beans, between the wigwams are some dwarf French beans..."Tepee". And the far framework has Climbing French Bean "Cosse Violette".
I still have two beds to work and sow. The one next to this bed and the one nearest the shed, which had field beans in it all winter. That will be for peas, and the bed next to this one will be for more beetroot. There is not enough for DH's pickles in the other bed.
Brian in the next plot was planting out his marrows, courgettes and sweetcorn today. So, when mine are hardened off they will go up into the long bed at the top of the plot. Brian stakes all of his sweetcorn against the wind, but I don't think I will need to as the far bed isn't all that windy....I have a hedge..
Now to walk the patient dogs.....