Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Here are a few snaps of my garden today. Starting with the dogs who have decided the lounger is theirs. Seem to have caught Freddie mid yawn....it's a hard life!!!

The garden looked much better after my tidy up today.

The wet bit here is the patch I sowed with seeds today (see previous post). I have put chicken wire on it to deter the cats from using it as a loo.A view down the whole of the Kitchen Garden, across the strawberry bed, with the asparagus bed alongside. I hadn't the heart to uproot the poppy
which has sneaked its way in!



After dinner this evening I strung the beans, trained the sweet peas, and tied up the tomatoes in the tunnel. They too are showing signs of that spot problem I wrote about the other day. I have decided to just cut off the bad leaves and wait and see what happens.
In the tunnel I also dug out some of the strawberry plants that have finished fruiting. They are three years old now and weren't as productive as I would like. I'll replace them next year. In that bed which I went over thoroughly I have planted out my peppers, with a row of French Marigolds that had been in their cells far too long!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6/6/07 8:35 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Wonderful raised beds.

 
At 7/6/07 7:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you try an all purpost fungide as I suggested before. Lots of plants here get it especially in autumn when it is wet. I thought that originally it was black spot but an all purpose fungicide works well for us, Karen, Switzerland.

 
At 7/6/07 11:43 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I did....but it is too soon to know if it made a difference. Hopefully it won't go any further.
It was your suggestion that made me decide not to ditch them...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home