Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Photo a day....5th June.

When I went to the Chelsea Flower Show last time, I think 10 years ago, there was almost nowhere to sit and eat my packed lunch other than the grass. When I am walking round all day the last thing I want to do is get down to floor level. It is not comfortable, for one thing, and I can't get up again elegantly.

So this year I was delighted and surprised to find a lovely seating area in Ranelagh Gardens. The seats were arranged facing this bandstand, and live musicians played a selection of 30's hits....mainly jazz. It was a real treat. I went back there every time I wanted a sit and a snack....very civilised.

The drummer was a lady! She stood on one leg all the time, using the other to push the big drum pedal. I thought that she must have tremendous reserves of strength and balance!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 5/6/07 9:25 pm, Blogger talj said...

What a lovely place to sit and rest your legs for awhile! :o) Hope you had a great time :o)

 
At 5/6/07 9:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fantastic and to get a seat too - never had such luck at Hampton Court!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home