Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, June 01, 2007

I haven't been to the plot to work this week as I have had visitors, and the weather hasn't been very suitable when I did have the time. So I took the opportunity this evening to use a couple of hours there to "maintain" my progress and to dig a bit more.

DH mowed the back lawn so I took the mowings to much the spuds. I then hoed everywhere. Then spent an hour and a half digging.

I'm still going over the bit that was under the tarpaulin with the manure heap on. The white roots have really proliferated under that warm pile!!! This evenings haul was a full tubtrug. Another two feet of digging and I'm squared up. Then the squashes and cabbages can go in. I'll have to tread all over the bit for the cabbages as they don't do well in newly dug ground.

Tomorrow I hope to find time to weed the onions....they need it!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 1/6/07 9:25 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Be careful you don't hurt your back again.

 
At 14/6/07 10:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I love your site:-) I bet you eat well? There is nothing like fresh vegetables is there?

I know you are very busy with your allotment but I wonder if you would support this?


Manor Park Allotments are in the way of the 2012 Olympic development and I would like to highlight their plight and wonder if we can lobby for a change?

It would be great if you could highlight in on your blog. I know you have a great following and as allotments are your 'thang' then we might get some power behind it.

Here is the link with a video and a petition. http://www.landscapejuice.com/2007/06/gardening_now_i.html

Thanks in advance

Kind regards


Phil Voice

 
At 14/6/07 11:49 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Phil.....
I did join in on this petition when it first arose, prompted by another blog I read. I have followed it and thought that it was all settled now......that there is nothing that can be done to save them and that they have been offered another place to go.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home