Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Photo a day...11th April

As a passionate Jane Austen fan (who isn't?) I had aways wanted to come here to the house she used to stay in in Winchester and where she actually died. She is also buried in the Cathedral close by.

(NB I didn't take this photo....my friend did!)

I really enjoyed the recent series on ITV...the Persuasion was really really good, and Northanger Abbey was also good. Both of these had very good actresses playing the lead parts. However, I didn't think much of Mansfield Park. I don't think Billie Piper made a very good heroine. Fanny Price was supposed to be religious.....! Gemma Redgrave was good as Lady Bertram.

I now have all the Austen novels on DVD or video.....they really help to pass the time when I'm ironing or quilting!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 13/4/07 11:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the new Pride and Prejudice was lovely to look at, but Keira Knightley drove me bonkers!!

 
At 13/4/07 1:20 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I didn't like all the silly giggling in that one. And I didn't think much of the Mr Bingley character either. And Mr Bennet wasn't very good either.
I much prefer the TV version even though it is 10 years old now. I shudder to think how many times I've watched it.....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home