Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Now I've heard it all! (I was so taken aback I nearly sprayed a mouthful of coffee all over the breakfast table!)
In the Style magazine supplement in the Sunday Times today (page 47 if you don't believe me, and I wouldn't blame you.....) they report Harrods' new obsession.....Allotments! Not only are they building one on the roof of their big shop in London (from April 16th....veg to be sold in the food halls), but they are also offering.....wait for it......."bespoke allotment design from Lavender + Stone garden designs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think this means authentic allotment shabby chic design or ultra smart potager style allotments?

I am tempted to think that this is an April Fool's joke a week too late!

2 Comments:

At 8/4/07 12:34 pm, Blogger talj said...

I'm pretty certain whatever their meaning it will cost a bomb and be easily bought in your local gardening shop for half the price!!!

 
At 9/4/07 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good enough to be and April Fools article.

Whatever next.

We are in with the in crowd now LM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home