Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Success at last!
Here is how it looked when I arrived yesterday afternoon.


















This is the bit I wanted to clear.






















This is my collection some of the intact items I have dug up so far!




This is how it looked when I'd finished. Note the pile of white weeds and general rubbish.....time for a fire!

A close up.....I have covered the bath with an old fence panel as I haven't emptied it yet.





Thought you'd like to see my view of the Solent! You can see Portsmouth in the background....the Spinnaker Tower is quite clear (you can enlarge the photo for more detail) and the faithful Isle of Wight ferry.
The odd shaped building is the Sports Club, and the floodlights are over the tennis court.
The exotic bush in the foreground is on my plot.....does anyone think I can move it safely? It is about 5 feet tall. It is not part of my planting plan!





5 Comments:

At 22/12/06 1:31 pm, Blogger patsy said...

lilly that quilt is nothing compared to the work you do. i do my quilting on the machine and just do what ever. then i tack them. it is just large enough to cover me when i lie on the couch. maybe 4 foot wide and 5 foot long.i have material i bought at the 2nd store over the years and that is what i use .

 
At 23/12/06 2:22 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

your plot is looking fabulous!
many blessings for the holiday season and the coming new year!

 
At 23/12/06 11:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and a wonderful new gardening year on your new plot

 
At 27/12/06 9:44 pm, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

Lucky you, patchwork and an allotment...... I'm green with envy!!!! lol

 
At 27/12/06 10:42 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

It is wonderful to think that my fifties have proved to be the happiest years of my life so far. Each day is pure joy! As you say...patchwork and an allotment....ahhhhh!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home