Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hours at the plot so far....... 45! This evening I took the opportunity to go and weed the onions and start the earthing up of the potatoes. This picture shows the state of play when I left. You can just see the squashes and pumpkin plants I put in on Saturday..with their rhubarb leaf mulch.














This next picture shows the view from the top of the plot.


















The next picture shows our first real picking of the strawberries from the polytunnel at home. They were very tasty. We, two of us (!), had the lot
with cream!













Tomorrow I hope to go back to finish earthing up the potatoes and give the pumpkins etc some more water. I should also begin feeding them I believe. I did plant them with a hefty dose of blended manure, but even so....they'll need feeding soon. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 5/6/06 8:29 pm, Blogger patsy said...

pass the cream and sugar. i will eat my bowl of strawberries.

 
At 6/6/06 4:57 pm, Blogger She Who Digs said...

We are having a stawberry cream tea on the afternoon of our wedding! I'ts only 6 weeks away now! Yours look yummy!
I've posted you a credit on my blog, in thanks for your help with growing my seet peas!SHD

 
At 6/6/06 4:57 pm, Blogger She Who Digs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/6/06 9:58 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

The sweet peas look good! And strawberries at a weddding sounds just the ticket....!

I picked the first ripe strawberry from the garden (as opposed to the tunnel) today. I gave it to DH and he said it was outstandingly tasty.....more so then the ones under cover!!!

 
At 14/6/06 10:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow those strawberries look perfick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home