Hours at the plot so far...40! I honestly never imagined I could get so far in so little time!
It was really sunny today, so having got burnt yesterday I decided to shop this morning and go to the plot this afternoon when it became cloudy! Good move! I was able to get all the spuds in under the plastic rows......and now I can relax a bit.
Here you see the five rows I did today, with the space for one of the pumpkins in the foreground, the compost heaps in the background, and the lavender bushes on the left.
Here is a long shot of my whole plot. The onions are doing well in the foreground. Then the first earlies, and then the second earlies....just showing. The two plastic rows are maincrop...already showing through, then the rhubarb with space either side for a pumpkin. Then the five rows I finished today.
Thought you'd like to see a picture of the shed....blooming!
Remember this picture of plot 30 from early April?
Well....just look at it now. The new plot holder has done wonders! She already had the one on the right...and now the one on the left looks as cared for!
All the timber that was stacked at the top of the plot has become some rather wonderful and huge compost heaps at the bottom of the plot.
This morning I did some potting and sowing in the tunnel. I sowed five banana seeds! (Experiment!!!) Also dozens of asparagus seeds. I'm hoping to grow them eventually where the first earlies are now. I thought a packet of seeds (£1.29) was worth a try if it saves money on plants!
I also sowed seeds of Traveller's Joy..the tame version of Old Man's beard....to replace the Montana "Elizabeth" that I strimmed off!