Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Walked the dogs through the allotments this afternoon and found a little "gift" on the surplus seat.....11 celeraic plug plants in a poly bag. Well...I just had to take them! I have sowed two packets of these (T&M seeds, but bought at the local garden centre where they put them in the sun...I thought it was stupid) and got not a single plant....so I am really pleased.

They are now in a corner of the home garden beds. Hope they take and flourish.....I love them.

6 Comments:

At 7/6/07 9:22 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

How wonderful that you of all people should find them; I'm sure they'll enjoy their new home!
Rx

 
At 7/6/07 11:19 pm, Blogger Ziggywigs said...

What a wonderful find. Your pictures are great and i love to see your veggie garden.

 
At 8/6/07 6:41 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

your raised beds are looking fabulous! I left a couple of poppy's growing in mine too, its good not to have 'monoculture'. interesting about your celeriac not germinating. I did two trays, and only ended up with six. . . and I must get them out, I m being quite unorganised with the greenhouse this year and its getting difficult to get in the door!!

 
At 8/6/07 5:09 pm, Blogger Matron said...

I love other allotment gardeners, we are so generous with our leftovers!! I love celeriac. The French have a lovely salad 'rappe' grated celeriac in mayo. Yum.

 
At 8/6/07 7:07 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I'll have to try that....can't wait!

 
At 12/6/07 2:28 pm, Blogger She Who Digs said...

I've given up on T&M seeds and won't buy them again and have vowed to resist all of the end of year bargains from the garden centre too for the very reason you mention! Lots of people have had problems with beans not germinating this year, which maybe could be down to last years hot summer? Who knows!
Take care- hope your back is less stiff now!
SWD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home