Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Photo a day....15th March.

Something a bit different today.....! This was one of the display rooms in the museum we visited in Florida two weeks ago sorry....forgotten its name but it was just "everyone clearing their attics" as my friend said before we went. I loved it!) It was a kitchen from the twenties. Aren't you glad we don't have to use equipment like that today?

Actually I wouldn't be too bothered about this kind of cooker, and I've always preferred a table to worktops. The bits I'd hate about olden times kitchens would be the way the laundry was done. Thanks to modern life that sort of drudgery has gone for good!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 15/3/07 5:39 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

It does actuall look a nice kitchen...must agree about the washing .....do miss a mangle though...folded properly the sheets would come out almost ironed!

 
At 15/3/07 5:51 pm, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

My sister said she was looking at a children's book about "The Way We Lived" with her daughter. There was a picture of a Victorian kitchen and my niece kept saying "Aunty Melly's got one of those - and one of those - and that - and that as well..."

 
At 15/3/07 11:48 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

This looks so lovely. I agree about the modern conveniences, but it's nice to look back.

 
At 16/3/07 3:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this kitchen! Fabulous wallpaper. I would only want to have that kitchen though if I had the servants to work in it...

I'm hopefully dragging Mum over this weekend to do some gardening with me. Just bought lots of seeds in Wilkos and want to get cracking, especially with this gorgeous weather.

 
At 16/3/07 11:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a fabulous site near us which was an old workhouse with school, kitchens and museums, and farm - it is wonderful, like stepping back in time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home