Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wonderful, wonderful weather today so I made the most of it. I see the osteopath again tomorrow and I didn't want to mess up my back before that.....! So, instead of digging at the plot (really desperate to get down there) I finger weeded the strawberry bed and then netted it against the cats....who like to use it as their toilet!

Then I finger weeded the asparagus bed. Most of the little plants that I grew from seed last year are putting up shoots. I have a few spares still in pots to replace those that don't. (All of my raised beds are deep enough for me to be able to work comfortably on them sitting on my garden stool. And if that causes back ache I kneel on it for a while in its upside down kneeler position.)

Then I did the centre trench down the second raised bad and it swallowed up the rest of composter number 1 contents. Two down.....two to go! Beds that is....one more composter.

Today and tomorrow are roots days.....so tomorrow I need to start carrots etc in the sq ft portions of the raised beds.

4 Comments:

At 13/3/07 5:12 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Glad your raised beds are high enough for you to work on...will save your withfrawal symptons getting too bad. Good luck at the ostepaths.

 
At 13/3/07 6:37 pm, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Good Luck!

Kai was in Cowes on Monday, having a glass of wine!
LOL!

 
At 13/3/07 10:33 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I'm glad it was sunny for him then! Did he come on the Red Jet or ed Funnel? The latter is a very scruffy way to cross the Solent!

 
At 14/3/07 9:51 am, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

I enjoy weeding, it isn't strenuous (unless you've allowed the dandelions and docks to get 5' high) and you can just let your mind wander. And you can see the results of your labours - the beds look so much better when you're done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home