Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Since I had an osteopath visit this morning, and we had a bit of a situation with DH and the possibility of a hospital emergency visit (now scheduled for tomorrow) I didn't go to the plot to work today. I will tomorrow though.

But....as it is a "roots" day I sowed some roots in the Kitchen Garden. Starting at the top of the picture these were
Carrots "Early Nantes 2"
Beetroot "Boltardy"
Spring Onions "White Lisbon"
Turnips
Parsnips with radishes
Black Salsify "Duplex" (first time for me....in fact I've never tasted it.....
Radish "Rat's Tail".....(for the radishes and the seed pods...also new to me).

This bed is the one I put the compost trench down the middle of on Monday.
It will have the runner beans later in the summer. I am bringing on some lettuces to occupy the middle stretch until mid May when the runners can go in.
The other side of the bed will have some dwarf beans and some broad beans in soon!
These are the beds I cleaned yesterday...as you can see the net is in place against cat interference over the strawberries. The RH bed is the asparagus. It is still evident that I have made this bed over what was a flower bed before. The bulbs are still coming up through it.
I noticed today that my broad beans sown last Autumn are flowering! Ho ho....soon be eating them then!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 14/3/07 9:23 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Thanks for the stroll round the allotments. I hope all goes well for DH.

 
At 14/3/07 9:26 pm, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

I'm envious of your broad beans. I should have planted some but I didn't.

 
At 14/3/07 11:46 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

This all looks great, and so neatly done.
Hope you and DH will soon be 100% again..xx

 
At 15/3/07 9:18 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

You do miss getting out into the garden when something stops you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home