Managed two rows of digging and three buckets of weed roots this afternoon. We spent the morning at the hospital getting DH sorted out. (The surgeon removed the "packing" from his ear and he now feels much much better!)
As well as the digging I set up markers for the permanent beds.....3'6" wide with 18" pathways. I know 4 ft is the optimum but I can't manage that deep. I have room for 8 beds like that running east to west across the full plot, but not running up the bank. 8 beds fits nicely into a 4 year crop rotation.
I also hoed around the rhubarb and the fruit bushes. I can see some sprouting from the raspberries but most of them are dead twigs at the moment!
This is the bit I have left to do....just about half the plot. The plotholders who want the greenhouse frame will be moving it shortly and then I can start on the manure. That will go into the first two beds for the spuds. I'll spread it before we rotovate.
It was really lovely weather there today.....! Now I'm off to walk the dogs ...probably through the allotments!