Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Just an hour digging at the plot today.....so nothing worth photographing!

I saw my first butterfly of the year...a peacock.

There were dozens of people digging and seed sowing today....but I heard that it is turning chilly again this weekend so I'll be delaying mine. I'm not ready yet anyway....! I hope the ones I sowed in the back garden don't sulk!!!!!

We got the Mantis rotovator out of the garage and had a look at it. I felt it needed servicing. As it is 7 years old and never been looked at I'm probably right (its not had a great deal of use so not as bad as that sounds!!!) I took it to the mower repair place and he said it would be a week. Perfect......I have time to spread the manure where I want to rotovate.

As the part of the plot I'm digging now has so little white roots in I'm considering just rotovating that without the preliminary dig. I'll carry on digging for the next week then I'll make up my mind.

2 Comments:

At 16/3/07 7:30 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Lucky you seeing a butterfly; we have snow forecast in Suffolk!

 
At 16/3/07 11:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best to hold back on the seed sowing as you said - lots of people have been fooled by the wonderful weather. We are forecast snow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home