Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Today was spent catching up after being away from home for two days. Shopping and clearing up! Then I did some front garden weeding, and killed the dandelions on the lawn with something noxious but biodegradable....hopefully!
This afternoon I spent hours on my veggie deep beds at home. I've planted caulis, cabbages, two types, and prepared the bed for Brussels sprouts and broccoli. I also treated all the veg already planted with some of the blended organic manure that is available at the moment at 3 bags for £10 at my local garden centre.
Tomorrow afternoon I'll head for the plot and start on the lazy beds for the maincrop spuds. And I'll start earthing up the already planted earlies that are beginning to peep through the soil.

2 Comments:

At 22/4/06 11:56 am, Blogger patsy said...

with your garden at the house and the allottment you can grow a large amount of veg. do you sell the extra?

 
At 22/4/06 3:11 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Actually the only things I'll have too much of are courgettes, and potatoes. I'm hoping to store the maincrop for next winter, and the earlies and second earlies will come in very handy for feeding visitors. The courgettes will be given away to friends and neighbours.
That is always supposing any of them come up!!!! Last year I only got a few, hence me converting the back garden veg patch to deep beds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home