Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: In the tunnel

Monday, July 06, 2009

In the tunnel

Onions , garlic and shallots drying in the tunnel .











The big LH bed in the tunnel. Lemon tree at the back.....a few small fruits on it. Next to that a little melon plant, and a cucumber. The big plant up the tunnel frame is a cucumber which is doing very well....a cue every two days at the moment.....just enough for us!
Also in this bed are the early courgettes.....I'm picking two a day from these. They are a self-fertile variety and are doing much better than the ones I tried in here last year.
There are also peppers and aubergines in this bed but they are a bit smothered by the courgettes....
As are the strawberries which edge the path. I think I won't bother with these next year....they haven't done very well this year. They are jut babies it is true as they were just runners last year, but I am re-doing the tunnel this autumn , details later, and I don't think they will fit in as edging plants.

The RH side of the tunnel has the tomatoes , some strawberries along the path, marigolds (french to deter the white fly...it works!), a physallis, 2 tomatilloes, some very sorry for themselves luffas (shan't bother with them again) and some chillies.
The tomatoes were late going in and have a lot of fruit on them, but are slow to ripen. We have had a few, but there are lots to come.
All in all I don't seem to be as far behind as I had feared. I have worked out here for many hours this last few days and am beginning to catch up at last.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9/7/09 1:27 pm, Blogger Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I am a bit jealous - we don't have any cucumbers yet. You manage to grow such a variety of veggies! I try to introduce a new vegetable every year, just to show the boys how they grow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home