Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Oh what a beautiful morning.....!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning.....!

I have been at the plot for hours today, generally tidying up, watering and weeding. I hoed all the paths, cleared out all the dead broad beans, cleaned and dug and made a fine tilth of the bed, and then put in some tiny leek plants I had started off at home. I've put them 4 inches apart in rows 8 inches apart as I don't expect them to be huge.



Here you see the new leek bed. They say every cloud has a silver lining....well this was the bed with the broad beans in that I poisoned. I didn't have room for these leeks anywhere....but now I have!!!
The corn is as high as....my knees, but is very sturdy and already showing its tassels in the middle of the leaves. Hopefully they will not grow too tall....the wind at the plot today was ferocious and I'm hoping they don't fall over. These ones are Sweet Nugget. They look really healthy and I'm pleased with them.

The ones in the other bed, photo 2, are not so tall, nor so sturdy. I've forgotten what type they are. Hope they go on to get big.

Today's harvest....a half tub trug of Kestrel second early potatoes, one globe artichoke, a huge bundle of rhubarb.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 26/6/08 6:45 am, Blogger Matron said...

Don't forget to take a picture of your trugful for my forthcoming Matron's TRUGBLOG. I'd love to see what you are harvesting right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home