Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: A surprising harvest.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A surprising harvest.

Had to go and dig some spuds today. Here they are all washed and dried! I still have 4 plants worth of spuds left to dig. So we'll soon be buying them again.

I also cut one of the globe artichokes. This was the biggest, there are 4 more coming along nicely. I'll report on the taste of this one tomorrow.

I had my stitches out on Monday and am continuing to make progress. Hopefully I'll soon be fit enough for some real work at the plot. And I am awaiting 30 feet of new hedging (all native species) to go in the front garden at home. I'm hoping they are still awhile off arriving as I'm nowhere near ready for them and I don't really want to have to heel them in anywhere.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 28/12/07 5:05 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you read that you are making a speedy recovery - Happy New Year - and of course happy gardening

 
At 1/1/08 9:08 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Amazing that you have artichokes this time of year! Sadly I have eaten all my spuds now. Happy New Year!

 
At 2/1/08 11:17 pm, Blogger kate said...

I hope that you are continuing to recover! Those potatoes look delicious. So does the artichoke. Fresh vegetables at this time of year are a real treat!

Happy New Year!!
Kate ox

 
At 9/1/08 5:50 pm, Blogger Lozza said...

Spuds look great, yum yum yum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home