Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Well everybody....dinner tonight consisted of veg almost all grown on the plot or here at home. We had a romanesco cauli, some mangetout peas, courgettes, garlic, and my first early spuds "Rocket". The skins melted off when I scrubbed them..! All was fresh and tasty.

I went to the plot to dig up spuds, pick courgettes and hoe all round. I was thrilled to see that the last of the raspberry canes was finally showing green leaves; so all 11 are fine, whereas I only ordered and paid for 8.

At home this afternoon I weeded two of the deep beds and picked the mangetout and a lettuce. Tomorrow I need to carry on with the weeding as there is loads left to do.

At the plot I should spend some time tidying up the shed. I have another spare set of shelves that I'm going to take to the plot to help me organise the tiny shed interior.

At some point soon I really want to get on with the bank that still needs clearing, but weeding the onions comes first I think. I'll do some of that tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 20/6/07 6:21 am, Blogger RUTH said...

I bet that dinner was all the more tasty with all that home grown veg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home