Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

We didn't get much rain with the thunderstorm last night, but at least I got away without watering the outside beds. The tunnel needed watering though.....obviously.

I was given a tip today which I am assured works. Apparently if you have one of those indoor fans, but no air conditioning....who has in the UK?.....you can get a similar effect with this method used in Africa. Get a bottle of water....not quite full. Freeze it. Stand it in front of the fan. Turn the fan on!!! It makes a room really cool for little outlay! I'm trying it out tomorrow. Apparently it is going to be really warm here again.

I harvested my carrots from the deep beds in the kitchen garden this morning. It is the first time I've ever been successful with carrots.....my old garden was clay. I thought as we'd had so little rain, and the ground was so hard, they'd be no good; but they are straight, long and very tasty!

I won't be gardening much for the next few days as we have three teen aged boys staying for a 5 day fishing holiday. I have to keep them full of food! They all have hollow legs so I'll fill them up with my spuds!!!!

4 Comments:

At 1/8/06 11:01 pm, Blogger weirdbunny said...

So glad your carrots are a sucsess, it's the one thing we never seem to grow enough of.

 
At 2/8/06 6:45 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I didn't grow enough either, but now I know they'll grow so well in my deep beds I'll have a lot more next year. No sign of carrot fly either!

 
At 5/8/06 10:48 pm, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Great blog, will read more later, but bed time now!

Up early, but will just do quick slug patrol!

Dx

 
At 7/3/07 7:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Attorney jobs austin texas Lady winter coats Nvidia graphics card unlock Yellow contact lens Craps game shrei Chevy cover seat silverado doggie swimsuits Surveillance camera monitorsswitch Buy celebrex keyword furniture Paris hilton videos gratis Ritalin and chidren withdrawing from oxycontin Reviews volvo 960 Celexa contraindication

 

Post a Comment

<< Home