Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Hours at the plot so far 57.

I thought it was going to be dull today so planned a session at the allotment for this afternoon. Well....it was blazing sun, but I still did an hour and a half of very necessary work.
I weeded and loosened the soil around my row of runner beans, watered them and hung the net for them to climb.
Then I weeded and watered the little row of peas. They are not doing so well...only about a quarter of what I sowed have come up.
Then I dug up the last row of second earlies....yielding two Tesco bags full.
Then I took up the onions and shallots and took them home....three bags of onions and one of shallots....great big ones. They are now hanging up on lines in the tunnel to dry then I will make ropes of them all. I have enough garlic to set up a shop! I'm thinking of peeling some and putting them in olive oil. Does anyone know how long they keep like that? I'll make ropes of the rest and give some away!
The shallots are destined for pickling....DH's favourite.
Another plotter gave me some blackcurrants, and some runner beans which we had for dinner. And there was a marrow (two actually but I only took one) on the seat for anyone to take...which was very tasty for my dinner. It was creamy fleshed....very nice.

This evening I worked for an hour and a half in the tunnel and in the garden....watering.... and stringing up the onions and other alliums in the tunnel. I have a full schedule of things to do in the garden tomorrow, and I'd dearly like to spend a couple of hours at the plot hoeing the weeds which are beginning to take over. Possibly in the evening.

3 Comments:

At 25/7/06 2:45 am, Blogger patsy said...

you sound very busy, are you getting any rain? the allotment lady is dry. we were very hot last week but has cooled off and we got a good rain. i have ripe tomatoes!

 
At 25/7/06 4:52 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

No real rain for weeks. I have 5 water butts...all empty, and have been for nearly two weeks,
I watch it approaching on the weather website that shows where it is raining at the moment, get the washing in just in time.....then it goes right by! I shall stand out in it and really cool off when we do get it..... but I don't think it'll be soon!

 
At 31/1/07 11:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Easyrecovery data recovery Custom+vue+lasik+radio+spots Birth sign diamond white gold necklace protonix administration License plate frames keyword protonix 40 boards Monarch life insurance canada Baccarat crystal candleholder protonix protonix where can i buy protonix medication Drug+allergy+or+rosacea prevacid protonix iv buy protonix Email web hosting Kindness quartz dryer for curly hair

 

Post a Comment

<< Home