Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

We didn't get much rain with the thunderstorm last night, but at least I got away without watering the outside beds. The tunnel needed watering though.....obviously.

I was given a tip today which I am assured works. Apparently if you have one of those indoor fans, but no air conditioning....who has in the UK?.....you can get a similar effect with this method used in Africa. Get a bottle of water....not quite full. Freeze it. Stand it in front of the fan. Turn the fan on!!! It makes a room really cool for little outlay! I'm trying it out tomorrow. Apparently it is going to be really warm here again.

I harvested my carrots from the deep beds in the kitchen garden this morning. It is the first time I've ever been successful with carrots.....my old garden was clay. I thought as we'd had so little rain, and the ground was so hard, they'd be no good; but they are straight, long and very tasty!

I won't be gardening much for the next few days as we have three teen aged boys staying for a 5 day fishing holiday. I have to keep them full of food! They all have hollow legs so I'll fill them up with my spuds!!!!

2 Comments:

At 29/7/06 7:13 am, Blogger Frankie said...

A Ha! We have not had much luck with carrots either and are also on clay. We haven't even had a thunderstorm in Hereford which means it's like digging concrete.

 
At 29/7/06 10:00 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

We've had a bit of rain today....but not enough! I'd love some more! The Rainfall site shows it raining now but it just about spitting.....certainly not enough to fill a waterbutt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home