Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Hours at the plot so far....53 1/2.

Went to deal with the grass paths this afternoon. They were very long and I had to use clippers. Tomorrow I'll go and mow the results and then I'll do a photo.
I noticed that there are two baby pumpkins on one of the pumpkin plants, and the squashes...blue ballet...have two coming. They are green at the moment...I suppose I have to wat until they turn blue before harvesting! here is a picture of them on the "Seeds of Change" website...looking very blue/grey....so I must have to wait a while for mine to turn colour.
The second early potatoes look as if they are ready to take now. The haulms are beginning to turn yellow.
The onions are looking very, very good....much better than the ones in the kitchen garden. And I bought some pickling vinegar yesterday because I think the shallots are nearly ready too...and they are DH's favourite pickle.

After dinner I went out to deal with the grass in the kitchen garden. It really needed doing. I strimmed most of it but that too needs a mow tomorrow when I do all the rest of the mowing. I really enjoyed being out there....away from the football....!

2 Comments:

At 10/7/06 9:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

The joys of an allotment when the World Cup and Wimbledon are on. Peace.

You can always see the hightlights - several times over at night!

 
At 10/7/06 9:31 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

The only down side is that so few people were at the allotments....they were all watching I suppose. All except for the girl who took on the extra plot....she was there beavering away! And her plot looks sensational!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home