Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Here are the photos promised below.
This one shows the Sq Ft bed sown with the seeds listed below.
Here you can see my asparagus plants....pottedon and now installed on the capillary matting. They were getting very dry i the plugs and I want to ensure they stay wet enough to grow. They are destined for the plot but there are enough (54!) for me to do a bed at home too.....insurance against me losing my plot (I am "helping out" and have no rights. Asparagus is a long term crop. I can't harvest anything until 2008!

Alongside the asparagus you can see my sweet potato slips. They came with instructions to put them in pots for three weeks prior to planting out. They go into their big pots this Thursday. I await results with interest. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 5/7/06 9:59 am, Blogger weirdbunny said...

Keep us informed on the asparagus, we;ve never grown any, but I love it.

 
At 5/7/06 11:16 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I was really surprised at how easy it has proved to be to get them this far. I sowed a couple of seeds in each plug....actually not "plugs" but the next size up....about an inch across the top. Then I left them to it. Almost every plug grew at least one. So I wouldn't do two next time that would mean no thinning. Actually I can't remember if I thinned them anyway. A look at the phoos suggests to me that I didn't!
The root system was really good and strong.

 
At 5/7/06 11:16 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I mean photos!!!!!

 
At 5/7/06 12:03 pm, Blogger patsy said...

asparagus is a long crop to the time for harvest buy worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home