Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, October 25, 2007


I suddenly remembered this "Viking Weather station" I saw in some one's front garden whilst on holiday in Germany at the beginning of the month.
We read and attempted to translate it and had a good laugh!

Here is my attempt at translating it.....

Stone wet....rain
Stone dry.....sun
Stone white....snow
Stone invisible.....fog
Stone swinging....storm
Stone on the ground....earthquake
Stone steaming....heat after rain

The last bit I can't translate.......if anyone else can please tell me....!

4 Comments:

At 26/10/07 9:06 am, Blogger Greenmantle said...

I think it is something along the lines of.. "Please dont call us if the reading is inaccurate"

Behruhren seems to translate as "contact" or "make contact"

Angaben is "reading" "Indication" or sometimes translates as "data"

Ungenau is "wrong or innacurate"

 
At 26/10/07 9:37 am, Blogger RUTH said...

I have a Heligan Barometer...a piece of string on a card.
if swaying..it's windy
if stiff...it's freezing
if it casts a shadow ....it's sunny
if smoking...shed's on fire
etc etc
Can't help with the translation :o) Have you tried Babel Fish?
Rx

 
At 26/10/07 2:02 pm, Blogger Greenmantle said...

I once spent a weekend in Girvan, Scotland, which is the losest port to the Ailsa Craig rock, 11 miles offsure.

I was told -

"If you can't see the rock, it's beacause it's raining. If you can see it, it means it's going to rain."

 
At 26/10/07 3:01 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I suppose we'd call it a disclaimer then....! Brilliant!

Ruth....I love it. Same principle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home