Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just worked in the Kitchen Garden at home today. I pulled the shallots as they keep trying to flower. They are drying off a bit in the tunnel prior to pickling.

In their place I planted the gladioli corms that should have gone i some time ago. They were all sprouting. I had 70 bulbs...which take up the other half of the deep bed which I sowed with radishes etc two weeks ago. These are for cutting and for gifts.

In the garlic and broad bean bed I planted out the p s broccoli, cabbages and red Brussels sprouts. They are well watered in, have their "collars" and stakes where necessary. Also I netted the bed as the butterflies are very numerous at the moment.

I also weeded some more of the deep beds, and picked the strawberries.

I'll not get back to the plot until Sunday afternoon now. I have a quilt show on the mainland (the North Island as wags here call it!) on Saturday, and a busy day tomorrow getting things ready for the day away.

2 Comments:

At 22/6/07 7:27 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 22/6/07 1:34 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

there's always something to do in the garden! I can't imaging how bored I would have been without it! good luck with shelving your shed, I did that and instead of making it tidier it just gave me the oporunity to stuff even more things in it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home