Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Photo a day....26th April.

Regular readers of my blog will remember the photo of the sign displayed here that I took a month ago at Wisley. It is explaining that Caliente Mustard is a wonderful green manure which not only fertilises the ground but sterilises it too, and removes a lot of nasty pernicious weeds.

If you remember I tried to buy some of the seeds at Wisley but they don't stock them. So I wrote to them asking if they knew where I could get them. I had a reply to the effect that it wasn't really meant for home gardeners as you wouldn't get the effects unless you had a large area under it.

Imagine my surprise when I visited on Monday and saw this bed, in the deep bed bit of the veg garden at Wisley. It is the same sign, now adorning a bed covered in black plastic....!

A case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing I suspect!!! I hope they get a thousand enquiries a day about where to get the seeds now....!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home