Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A really beautiful afternoon spent digging! I did three rows...and three tubtrugs of weeds. This took two hours as usual.

I took the footpump to inflate the tyre on the barrow left behind by the previous plotholders. We'll see if it stays up!!!

There were lots of other plotters there and I had a couple of natters whilst my back eased.

I think I am nearing the halfway mark for the digging. Hooray!

Bought some seeds at Lidl this morning.....
nasturtiums....because I love them.....!
little yellow patty pan squash seeds...."Sunburst"
black salsify "Duplex".....an experiment
broad beans "The Sutton"
water melon "Sugar Baby"....another experiment
cauliflower "Snowball"
Another few days and I'll start some seeds off in the tunnel. I don't want to leave loads for our dog sitter friends to do so they will be able to ignore the seeds until we get home.

2 Comments:

At 8/2/07 7:53 am, Blogger RUTH said...

What a feast you're growing

 
At 8/2/07 12:09 pm, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

How cool to grow melons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home