Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Allotment progress.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Allotment progress.

A truly beautiful morning spent at the plot.
First I harvested the Brussels sprouts and pulled up the plants. There were lots of small ones still on them but I wasn't sure they would come to anything. Bed now cleared and ready for something else.

Picked and tidied the PSB. Weeded all round it, re-netted it.

Dug up some leeks, tidied the bed.

Manured the raspberry bushes.

My back feels like it is snapping so I have come home for a sit!!!

4 Comments:

At 16/3/10 8:17 pm, Blogger Jan said...

You've certainly been busy of late! I really must find the time to spend with my veggie plot.

 
At 20/3/10 2:23 pm, Blogger Sue Garrett said...

No sprouts on our PSB yet!!

 
At 23/3/10 3:52 am, Blogger Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Thanks for reminding about raspberry bushes! I took care of my black currants and gooseberries, but forgot raspberry!

 
At 24/3/10 9:33 pm, Blogger The Allotment Blogger said...

Our purple sprouting is sprouting madly and very tasty. We finished all our leeks nearly a month ago, I DEFINITELY need to plant more leeks this year. It does feel good to spring clean, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home