Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: More seeds sown

Friday, February 26, 2010

More seeds sown

Not a very interesting post....more for my own records than for entertainment...

Seeds sown today....
In propagator on sunroom windowsill
Celery "Greensleeves"
Celery "Giant Red"
Celeriac "Prinz"
Petunia "Duo" Mixed
Coreopsis "Quills and Thrills" Mixed
Carnation "Chabaud Giant Mixed"
Aster "Spider Chrysanthemum Mixed"
Marigold "Spanish Brocade"
Marigold "Safari Bolero"
Marigold "Bonita Mixed"
French Marigold "Orange Flame"
Fr Marigold "Glowing Embers Mixed"

Stevia Rebaudiana

And in modules in the tunnel
Beetroot "Boltardy"
Beetroot "Chioggia"

Also Sweet Peas "Fragrantissima"

It was very pleasant out there as it is very sunny today, and the chilly wind (which is drying the soil at last) put me off being outside. So a lot was done but I didn't get cold!

8 Comments:

At 26/2/10 8:13 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Always a pleasure to get out and about even in Winter, when the sun shines!

 
At 27/2/10 12:12 pm, Anonymous Rachael said...

I am also doing Stevia - for the first time. Have you done it before and was it a success?

 
At 27/2/10 12:49 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

First time for me too. And I was a bit disappointedto note from the envelope that it is only an annual.
Hope it is easy if I have to do it every year!!

 
At 28/2/10 1:05 pm, Anonymous Rachael said...

Hopefully it will flower and we can save the seeds...

 
At 3/3/10 12:34 pm, Blogger Dartford Warbler said...

You have inspired me to get organised with seed planting, although I need to finish washing down the greenhouse glass first.

Do you have problems with blight over on the Island? Outside tomatoes were a disaster here last summer.

 
At 3/3/10 12:38 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I did get blight on my outdoor tomatoes two years ago. But last year they were fine....

 
At 4/3/10 4:08 pm, Blogger Sue Garrett said...

We have had blight on our plot for the last few years so all outdoor tomatoes died. It even managed to affect those in the plot greenhouse although we managed to control that by removing any affected leaves as they appeared.

The problem has arisen now all the plots on our site are taken as it was never an issue in the past and we seem to be OK in our garden at home

 
At 6/3/10 12:23 am, Blogger Lucky-1 said...

Blogging is a great way to record seasons of what you have planted and what grew well variety wise:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home