Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Our local shop gets an award

Friday, February 29, 2008

Our local shop gets an award
























This little article appeared in our local newspaper (The Isle of Wight County Press) today, hidden away in the inside. Surely it should have been on the front page....!

The shop has almost everything you'd want. The veg are good and I often get them here when I run out of home-grown.

On Monday Tesco's are opening a brand new Extra store only two miles away from this shop, on the site of a smaller one which will close tomorrow evening. I do hope it doesn't take too much of their trade.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 1/3/08 11:41 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

I hope they don't lose business either. I always prefer the smaller shops.

 
At 2/3/08 9:19 am, Blogger Matron said...

What a wonderful news story! I am weeks into my Lent challenge to give up main supermarkets. How great to have a local shop which provides everything you need. I am finding it quite hard to do without the convenience of my Sainsburys but I will stick with it until Easter.

 
At 2/3/08 3:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How terrific for them! Local markets have so much more personality than bigger, corporate shops. I'm glad to see the paper's profiling them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home