Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I managed to get to the plot for an hour and a half this evening, dug out two tub trugs of weeds and watered my seeds, onions and potatoes.

The photo shows the state of play this evening at 7pm! The front RH corner is the bit I am currently digging. Slow work as it is full of white roots and nettle roots.

The onions are doing well as you can see....about 5 inches tall now....and almost all up. The carrots and beetroots in the bed behind are also showing well, but what you can see here are the weeds which are currently doing better....! I'll finger weed them in a day or two. They wont need much thinning as they were very sparingly sown. No potatoes showing yet, but I wouldn't have expected them to really....I did put them 6 inches down!


This is the same view taken on the 14th December last when I'd just taken on the plot and started on the RH bank where I planted the fruit which is now doing well.

I like to look back to see just how far I've come. Not bad for a 57 year old....eh?

There is about a third of the plot left to dig, then the bank to tidy up, and a little garden to put round the shed, with some slabs for a sitting area. The previous plotholder left me plenty of them!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 19/4/07 1:28 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Good work at any age!

 
At 19/4/07 1:32 am, Blogger Sheila said...

I think you have done a fabulous job, the difference in 4 months is fantastic.

 
At 20/4/07 7:06 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

it looks fantastic, well done you!!

 
At 20/4/07 11:58 am, Blogger She Who Digs said...

Well done your plot is looking great! It is easy to get overwhelmed by looking at what you've still got to do, rather that congratulating yourself on how far you've already come! SHD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home