Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Photo a day.....17th January
This beautiful statue is also at Osborne House. Queen Victoria must have had the same taste in dogs as we have.....! I think this is a greyhound' rather than a Whippet' but it is a beauty, isn't it?
The model was obviously healthy, you can see his ribs! Apparently you are supposed to be able to see two ribs on a Whippet. On my two you can't see any....and Lulu is actually a little overweight. We have a constant battle with her over food and have to buy very expensive stuff from the vet for her. Freddie has only a small appetite, so although he is very marginally overweight for a Whippet he is no trouble to keep at that size. He is a picky eater and always wants what she has, so won't eat until she has finished hers....then sighs and eats his. I think he has a very complex nature!
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 17/1/07 8:32 am, Blogger RUTH said...

That's a beautiful statue...did you see the news story recently about the overweight dog...I think it was over 11 stone.

 
At 17/1/07 10:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read that Queen Victoria was a fan of greyhounds - I love statues

 
At 17/1/07 3:50 pm, Blogger Jooles said...

I can see that you are making good use of Picasa!!! Thank you for your advice. Will practice more and then have a go. I think you have practiced to perfection including the photos you have taken.

 
At 17/1/07 3:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunty Lin! I will definitely have to come and visit for a peek at those patterns! I am officially addicted to blogging.

 
At 17/1/07 10:53 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

I love these dogs..what is the difference between a whippet and a greyhound..?

 
At 17/1/07 11:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw your commnent - rough again with a different lurgy - can't stay up any later to read your blog.

Catch up in the morning

 
At 17/1/07 11:16 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

They are two distinct breeds but look very similar. The main difference is size though. You can fit a whippet on your lap, or in your bed.....you couldn't do that with a greyhound unless you were a REAL dog lover with a huge lap!
Here is a link to Whippets
http://www.champdogs.co.uk/html/breeds/whippet.htm
And here is some gen about Greyhounds
http://www.greyhound-data.com/apfuga/FAQ2.htm
As you will see....very similar apart from the size.

 
At 18/1/07 3:17 am, Blogger dot said...

Everything in that photo looks sleek, neat, and clean.

 
At 18/1/07 8:30 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

My sister was on holiday on the Isle of Wihgt last year and loved this garden soooooo much she visited it a number of times!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home