Three hours spent at the plot this afternoon produced this amount of progress. It is slow work because there are so many white roots. I dug out 3 buckets full....my usual limit for a digging stint.
The sun was shining, the wind had dropped, and there were about 5 other plotters there too, which made it seem less lonely.
In the green carrier bag is an "Iceplant" which I dug up. I've brought it home. I'll split it up tomorrow, and pot the bits individually. I had always wanted Iceplant in my yet to be re-modelled front garden.....these'll do nicely!
On the hauling way, by the seat, someone had left some rhubarb crowns. People leave stuff they don't want by that seat...and if anyone needs it they just take it. I really wanted three crowns when I bought the two from eBay....so I took one of them and dug it in my plot alongside the others. It is very healthy and sprouting already....so I think I'll be able to pull a bit from that one this year. The others were much smaller and will take a while to get going.
The chap with the plot behind mine (behind the corrugated iron on the right of the photo) put in an appearance to check on his beans. We got acquainted! And then the lady with the next plot to me showed up for an hour to spread her muck and sort out her compost heap. That is her plot behind the tap. She is very pleasant and we had quite a natter whilst working.
My wind-up radio is a real success. I had Gardener's Question Time on before I had company....so all in all a very pleasant afternoon.
Home for an evening's sewing...nothing on the "box" and a Caribbean cruise holiday looming for which I am making some linen shirts.