Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I have just staggered home after a stint at the plot.
Today's efforts were
3 more buckets of white weeds
dug out 4 shrubs in the wrong place
set up and lit a bonfire for the white weed roots.

The bonfire is in an old coal hod that had a rotten bottom. I propped it on bricks to give a draught and it makes a good incinerator. I managed to burn quite a bit of the pile, and naughtily left it burning....but it is safe. There is loads more to do but I have made a start.

There were lots of plotters working away this afternoon....it is a real pleasure to be among such good company. We nattered a bit about this and that, and compared plots and progress. All in all a very good afternoon.

When I got home I found DH had walked the dogs so I have collapsed!

No photos.....a) it was very gloomy and dull, and b) I forgot the camera!, and c) it wouldn't have been very interesting as it is just more of the same!

Tomorrow I have to be here as DH has a hospital appointment on the Mainland. I will do some compost spreading in my Kitchen Garden and some more soil shifting into the new beds.

4 Comments:

At 30/1/07 6:28 pm, Blogger Lozza said...

I have not been to my allotment for about a week and feeling very guilty - hoping to get down at the weekend, i would have loved to have taken a day of work and down a bit of work on my allotment

 
At 30/1/07 6:31 pm, Blogger Jooles said...

Well done! I have not ventured to the allotment yet this year. How bad is that? It's been a wasted day today but theres always tomorrow. You seem to be getting on really well......... you don't fancy a spot of digging do you? No - thought not!

 
At 30/1/07 6:47 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I must admit that I do feel very privileged to be able to go there during the week. We are semi retired so growing our own veg really helps stretch the finances!

 
At 31/1/07 7:28 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Thanks for sharing your day. Hope all is ok re; DH's hospital appointment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home