Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Didn't make it to the plot today. I had visitors all day, so even though it was sunny this morning for a while there was no chance of going. We have lots of friends and relatives booked in for the next two months, so I'll have lots of days when I can't garden. However, part of the reason for growing the veg is to feed our visitors so I must make the effort. They'll keep coming if I feed them well!
I did forget to mention yesterday that when I was weeding I found a bit of the dreaded Mare's Tail weed. I had been wondering what the wiry twisty brown roots were, then I found one with a kind of green cone on it. I was suspicious about it so I asked one of the other plotters and he said it was the dreaded Mare's Tail! So it looks like I'll be doing a lot of hoeing this year....and next....ad infinitum!
Tomorrow doesn't look favourable weatherwise....but I wont prejudge....just plan to go plotting in the afternoon and see what happens. My DH has a nasty cold so we wont get the compost heaps organised yet.

2 Comments:

At 8/4/06 2:54 am, Blogger patsy said...

WEEDS ARE THE THING THAT MAKES A PERSON APPRECIATE THE FRUIT OF OUR LABOR

 
At 8/4/06 7:12 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Very true!
I just did a google on the weed.....proper name equisetum or horsetail.....apparently mare's tail is a local name, and the chances of getting rid of it are not good. Have a look at this link!!!!!
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_plants_weeds/article/0,1785,HGTV_3617_2113990,00.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home