Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Garlic Harvest

Monday, June 21, 2010

Garlic Harvest

 
Well I must say I am pleased with these! For comparison I have put a purchased garlic bulb at the bottom of the picture. Over 60% of mine are bigger!!!!!
These are "Albigensian Wight". I bought the bulbs at The Garlic Farm here on the Isle of Wight and although my results are not as big as theirs I reckon they are not bad for a home harvest.....!
They were planted last Autumn, weeded a few times, and watered a lot this spring. Some are a bit over blown and will have to be used soon, but on the whole I am very satisfied with my haul!
Posted by Picasa

BTW the photo is clickable if you want to inspect the picture more closely!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 21/6/10 9:43 am, Blogger Sue Garrett said...

I need to see if ours are ready to pick- we still have some left from last year. This year I'll try my hand at plaiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home