Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: At last.........................

Monday, March 30, 2009

At last.........................

My back feels great (but still stiff so am using it warily) and the weather was blissful....so we took the Mantis and went to the plot to turn over the beds that had manure on, under tarps, all winter. And the bed that was spuds last year. We are now ready to plant this years spuds when the soil settles a little.

It is warming up a lot at the plot and I really must get some carrots sown, and the broad beans transplanted as soon as possible. The most knowledgeable plotter still hasn't sown his parsnips so I have a little while yet before they become urgent.

Forgot to take the camera so no pics today. Tomorrow I'll have a round up photo taking spree here and at the plot to show the state of play and the mountain of work left to do...

2 Comments:

At 30/3/09 4:49 pm, Blogger Bren Haas said...

Thank for reminding me I need to go get my carrot seeds. Can't wait to see what this spring brings to you. Please stop by my blog. I fould you at Blotanicals network.

Happy SPring New Garden Friend!

 
At 2/4/09 10:09 am, Blogger The Allotment Blogger said...

We put our parsnips in last week, but they are outdoors in a raised bed with a double glazing unit on the top to keep the heat up. I wonder if they will do anything ....? Experiments can be fun or heartbreaking, can't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home