Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

DH and I went to the plot very early this morning with the rotovator and the strimmer. We made such a row for about half an hour! I rotovated all that I'd recently dug, then raked it into long heaps for the courgettes.

After bringing the machines home, having my elevenses and sorting out his lunch requirements I returned to the plot with my courgette plants. Each one is now planted with two good shovels full of manure. Hopefully they'll get away now.

There were 13 plants altogether....possibly a bit OTT, but last year we didn't get enough from my 6 plants here in the back garden. I expect the ones on the plot will do much better though. I do hope so. We love them. I will probably have enough to be able to leave some regularly on the surplus seat for others to enjoy.
After all that I set to to dig the bit that was covered by the manure heap until this morning (DH kindly moved it for me!) I've done about 2 sq yds.....yield 2 tubtrugs full of white roots . The soil is beautiful and knocked into a fine tilth with just the fork, so I don't think I'll need to rotovate this bit before planting out my squashes and cabbages.

Although nothing needed watering I gave everything a foliar (?) feed with the hose attachment.

I feel at last as though I have caught up with the season as all that could be in is, except for the cabbages. Which are perfectly happy in the bigger pots that I put them in.

The raspberries....Autumn Bliss.....have little raspberries on already!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 22/5/07 9:16 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

What a lovely idea the surplus seat is...how I wish I lived nearer! especially when the Rumtopf is ready.

 
At 22/5/07 9:20 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Your weather is so much milder there - and I am so envious of your running water! And so sheltered not the windy field mine is in.

You must feel very proud when you look back at your photos of when you took it over.

You have done such a brilliant job

 

Post a Comment

<< Home