Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This morning was so beautiful, and I had to be here, so it was wonderful to spend time in my Kitchen Garden. I re-prepared the next Sq Ft bed (cats had used it!!!) and added one layer of worm-post (!) and incorporated it well in. Then....to foil the cats....I protected the bed with some tunnel nets and a tunnel fleece. In a day or two I shall sow seeds there.

I also spent time in the tunnel potting on some brassica seedlings (romanesco Cauli, Hispi Cabbage, red cabbage, and some leeks. And I transplanted the dwarf beans I raised in modules into the tunnel bed. Everything in there needed a good watering, so I transferred the hose that brings the water to my in-tunnel irrigation system to a different butt. Two are now empty, one is half full.

I also potted on some Ivy leaved geraniums bought as tiny plants at Tesco's. Also some Petunias (Trailing).

Then I weeded the herb bed.

This afternoon I went to the plot to dig some more. When I'd finished I went towards my old plot to get one of the cabbages for dinner tonight. They had all gone. She'd dug them out! She phoned and asked me to move them (!!!) last week. Then I saw her mother and said I'd come and get them.....she said they weren't hearted yet and not to bother just yet. I took her at her word!...Oh dear! So we had some not quite ready spears of sprouting broccoli from the Kitchen Garden instead. They were tasty.

All in all I think I made best use of a really pleasant day. Tomorrow we are expecting rain....so more tunnel jobs to do I think.

5 Comments:

At 28/3/07 9:56 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

You had a busy day !
It's one thing to lose your cabbages to rabbits, but to another gardener...hmm!
I would be ticked off..!

 
At 29/3/07 5:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your garden is stunning and you know how I envy your poly tunnel

I too made the most of the sunshine. It feels good on me bones lol

 
At 29/3/07 2:01 pm, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

The sunshine at this time of year is so lovely, fortunately still not too hot yet!!!

 
At 29/3/07 2:06 pm, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

frustrating here as the weather is dreadful today and I had such plans!

 
At 29/3/07 2:14 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Rain was predicted here today....so I made other plans....and lo and behold....SUN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home