Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, July 06, 2007

I had a massive clear up at the plot today. I hoed everywhere....boy were the weeds taking over....not now though.

I staked the three broccoli plants that were beginning to flop.
DH strimmed the paths and some of the wilderness that I haven't got to yet.

I made a step for the shed. The weeds were beginning to make it difficult to open the door, so I dug out a lot of soil and weed roots (nettles mostly!) and leveled it. Then I put down weed stop fabric, then the slabs which were laying around on the plot.

I also installed another set of shelves in the shed and had a good tidy up. It doesn't look very tidy but I do know where everything is now.
The green stakes in the tub were originally the framework for a large cloche which was left by the previous plotholders. It had collapsed but I find the stakes invaluable for all sorts of jobs. In fact a neighbouring plotholder wanted to know where she could buy some as she can see how useful they are.

Now to walk the dogs. Then I'll start out the back......!

Tomorrow I hope to start digging some new bits at the plot.


At 7/7/07 1:41 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Still having red x boxes from my end...guess Blogger is having one of its funny turns. Shall try again over the weekend.


Post a Comment

<< Home