Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I went to the plot this afternoon in the rain to get some veg as we were out! I brought home potatoes, carrots, courgettes and a cabbage.
Not having been for a while as I have been very busy decorating etc, and the weather has stopped all gardening anyway, I was surprised to see that all the tops on the onions were toppled over and beginning to spoil. I think the weather has affected them. So I lifted them all, leaving them on the surface, and hoped that they will dry off soon. I'll have to go tomorrow as we are promised a sunny day, and I will assess the damage then. I do hope they don't rot as there are over 200 of them....hopefully our whole winter's supply.
Has anyone else experienced this this year?

1 Comments:

At 27/7/07 6:04 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Oh dear I hope they'll be ok. I know some farmers around here have lifted their potatoes early because of similar problems.
Rx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home